Migrating to SBS2011
Small Business Server 2011
Small Business Server 2011 Migration Services
Migrate to Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2011
With our proven SBS Migration Methology
Migrating your Small Business Server 2003 (SBS2003) or 2008 (SBS2008) to the feature rich Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2011 (SBS2011) or Windows Server 2012 Essentials technology is a smooth experience with our well researched and proven methodology. Learn in this article about our 21 step process, then call to get more details.
Before a server migration takes place, our experienced technicians map out a thorough plan and time line. Your data is backed up securely in case something goes wrong during the migration. The technician performing the migration may need to reformat the data so that it will be accessible on the new server and they proceed in stages to make the migration go smoothly - all along following our proven process.
As part of our server migration services, once all of the data, users, e-mail and documents have been migrated, the new installation is subjected to a verification process to confirm that it is intact and that no parts have become corrupted during the move. After everything checks out, the server migration is complete.
Our Proven Server Migration Process
Steps we take to ensure a smooth transition. If this gets too technical for just skip this section and give me a call.
- Prepare the Source Server for Windows SBS 2011 Standard migration.
- Create a migration answer file for Windows SBS 2011..
- Install Windows SBS 2011 Standard in migration mode.
- Move settings and data to the Destination Server.
- Move Exchange Server mailboxes and settings.
- Remove legacy Active Directory Group Policy objects and logon settings.
- Move users' shared data.
- Copy shared data and folders.
- Move the internal SharePoint website.
- Move fax data.
- Install and configure the Fax service on the Destination Server and then use the Migration Wizard to migrate fax data.
- Migrate Windows Server Update Services data and settings.
- Move user accounts and groups.
- Enable folder redirection.
- Move Terminal Services Licensing.
- Finish Windows SBS 2011 Standard migration and cleanup.
- Delete the old folder redirection Group Policy objects.
- Give the built-in Administrators group the right to logon as batch job.
- Delete DNS entries of the Source Server.
- Download and run the Windows® Server Solutions Best Practices Analyzer.
- Integrating Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2011 (SBS2011) with Microsoft Office 365 as needed.
To learn more about our SBS2011 migration support methology call Johannes Banck, CIO at (877) 717-6075 Ext 211.
Real People. Real Technical Support. Real IT Solutions. Because Your Business Is Worth It!
Computer Systems Support & Design, LLC is an independent service provider for Information Technology Support for third party products and services. Any use of third party trademarks, brand names, products and services is only referential in nature and Computer Systems Support & Design, LLC hereby disclaims any sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement of or by any such third party.